Snapchat is a popular application that allows you to send photos or videos to others. You can send and receive all kinds of Snapchat photos with your friends or families. In this article, we will show you what to do if you want to retrieve Snapchat messages.
How to Recover Snapchat Deleted Messages
Snaps and chats sent through Snapchat are automatically deleted once they have been viewed or have expired. But what if you need to see the old Snapchat messages? Is there any way to recover Snapchat chat? How can you recover deleted Snapchat messages? Let us see how we can recover Snapchat deleted messages on both Android and iOS devices.
How to see the old snapchats
While Snapchat is designed to delete messages after viewing, it offers users a simple method to save messages and view them later. To save messages on Snapchat, you can:
- In Snapchat, open the chat you want to save.
- Press and hold a message and it will say “saved”.
- The message will be highlighted in grey, which means that the messages were saved. The saved messages will remain in your Snapchat account and the other contact until they are saved.
- Even though you delete the conversation, the saved messages will not be deleted. To retrieve old Snapchat messages, you can start a new chat with contact and see if the saved old messages will be displayed.
Recover Snapchat Deleted Chat Messages on Android
When a Snapchat message or add-on disappears, the message is not actually deleted from your phone’s memory. It is still in your storage memory, but it is renamed so you can not see it. Missing Snapchat messages are renamed with the extension .nomedia, which means that all applications should ignore it. So, if you can find the .nomedia files and change their name, you can recover the deleted Snapchat messages.
To do this follow the below procedure.
- Install a file manager on your phone.
- Open the file manager application and open the com.snapchat.android folder.
- Search for .nomedia files in the folder.
- If you find one, change the name of the files and remove the extension of nomedia, which will allow other applications to display the data so you can see them again.
Methods to Retrieve Snapchat Deleted Chat Messages on iOS
Method 1: Recover Deleted Snapchat messages on iOS with Fonelab Tool
As the first option, let’s look at how to recover Snapchat photos on iPhone directly. To do this, you need the help of FoneLab. It is compatible with iOS devices such as iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 plus, 7, 7 plus, 6S, 6S plus, etc. With the help of this software, you can easily scan your iOS device to find expired Snapchat multimedia content. This software is compatible with Windows and Mac computers.
- First, you must download and install this software on your computer.
- Then, launch the application to see the main window of the software
- From the options that appeared on this screen, you must select “iOS device recovery”.
- Now, you must connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer. Make sure you use a real USB cable to connect the device. Otherwise, you will experience potential connection errors.
- Once the connection is established, you can click on the “Start scanning” button. Now, the software will begin to perform an analysis.
- At the end of the analysis, you will be able to preview Snapchat’s contents. These videos and photos will appear in “Application Photos” or “Application Videos.” Now you can listen to the files, it is not necessary to extract the full backup. Instead, you can select the data you need and retrieve it.
- Once you have selected the files you need to recover, click on “Recover”. This helps to save the photos on your computer.
Method 2: Extract From iTunes Backup To Restore Photos
If you have already created an iTunes backup file, you can use FoneLab – iPhone Snapchat recovery to recover Snapchat photos on iPhone. By extracting this iTunes backup, you will be able to recover the expired contents of Snapchat easily. To make it possible, you have to follow a simple set of instructions that are given below.
- You must run the FoneLab – iPhone data recovery tool.
- Then, select the option called “Recover from iTunes backup” that appears on the main screen.
- Then, you must select the iTunes backup that you will recover.
- Click on the option called “Start scanning”. The software will begin to extract the data from the iTunes backup. Upon completion of the analysis, the software will display the respective files in the form of a directory.
- With the help of this directory, you can identify the files to recover. All you have to do is preview the files and select what you need.
- Once the file selection has been made, you can click on the button called “Recover”. This process will export the selected photos of Snapchat from iTunes backup to the computer.
That is it! These are all the methods that are working now to recover the deleted Snapchat messages on your Android or iOS devices.
Still facing issues to retrieve the deleted data on Snapchat? Comment them below and we will solve them for you.