In this article we will focus on the creation of content for Instagram Stories – what types of content work in this Instagram feature and tips that will help you develop your strategy.
Instagram is a network of great potential. Accumulate more than one billion monthly users, and that is why it is a great opportunity to advertise your products or services.
The network has been updated with the passage of time, and that is why it has introduced new features such as the live, the Instagram carousel, the Stories and many more.
The Insta stories were implemented in a 2016 update (which even caused the fall of Snapchat). Stories have become one of the most important features of Instagram, reaching a figure of 300 million users.
Here, we want to show you some strategies to take advantage of this powerful feature.
Reasons to use Instagram Stories
Instagram Stories is a content tool that has worked effectively in both normal accounts and digital business marketing strategies.
The Stories serve to:
- Interact with your community.
- Publicize your brand.
- Drive your potential customers to your website.
If your intention is any of the ones mentioned above, it is highly recommended that you use them.
Frequency of publication on Instagram Stories
There is no perfect formula to know in how much time you should publish Stories, but I recommend you do it a few times a week.
But you should bear in mind that from the third Stories the visualization decreases. Therefore, the publication of an excessive number of Stories in a single day is not recommended. So, your first three Stories must contain the most important of your message.
Best moments to post Stories
My advice is to analyze the analytics of your account to see on what days and at what times your community is most active. Based on this, you will know the best moments to publish your Stories.
Strategies to use content on Instagram Stories
The following strategies will help you to develop your business with this tool effectively.
1. Define the themes of your Stories
Stories should not be created without a reason or just to sell, that makes people silenced or simply stop following you. Therefore, you have to define the themes that you will be dealing with in this format.
The most commonly used categories of content on Instagram are:
- Educational: this form of content helps your community learn something or solve a problem.
- Informative: with this content, you will announce something related to your business to your community so they can get to know you better.
- Entertainment: lighter and more entertaining content that works well on Instagram, but be careful, because it is not recommended for all types of businesses.
Within these categories is where you should raise your issues. For example, someone who sells a product can teach how to use it through tutorials and inform about their brand.
When you define the themes that you will use, it will be much easier to plan an editorial calendar for your Stories.
2. Prepare your Stories to be played without audio
About 30% of people who watch Stories do so without playing the audio, so we can not stop taking advantage of the opportunity if the message we want to convey is important.
We recommend that you:
- Add subtitles or a summary of what is said in each story. You can do this even with the text tool provided by Instagram.
- If you do several Stories in a row on a topic, keep in mind that they should make sense in case only the subtitles are read.
3. Increase the interaction of your Stories with stickers
Instagram offers us several types of stickers or labels that we can place on our Stories. Each one has specific functionality and they are very useful to encourage the interaction of your community.
We have the following types of stickers
- Location: We use it to relate a Stories to a specific place. This allows people from that place to discover us.
- Mention: With this, we mention someone in the Stories and we give him/her the opportunity to share it in his/her own profile.
- Hashtag: It is written after the symbol #. By using it, we make our Stories appear to all the people who look for that word. Nor should this resource be abused.
- GIFs: The GIFs work great on any channel on the Internet, so use them to accompany and decorate your stories.
- Survey type A or B: Here we can give our followers two options to choose from. It is perfect to know your tastes and opinions.
- Survey with Emoji: It is quite similar to the previous sticker, with the only difference that the answers are two emojis.
- Question: This sticker works to ask questions and get answers from your community. You can also use it without a question, simply for people to leave their opinion.
- Photos: Stories allow you to attach a photo of your feed to it.
4. Tell a Story
Stories are, after all, stories. So it is essential to develop the ability to tell good stories. You must keep people hooked so they can see all your Stories.
- Plan what you want to tell by writing a script.
- Divide the dialogues into videos less than 15 seconds.
- Experiment with the camera and the type of recording.
Now you know how to create content for Instagram Stories, how they work and how to get the most out of them to develop your online marketing strategy.
If you have any other questions regarding the Insta stories, let us know them in the below comment box and we will sort it out for you.
Which Network do you use more to market your product/service online?