I have seen a lot of designers who are struggling with spellings in Photoshop. Recently, I have started working with our designers and they are quite stressed out with few things and I asked them which feature you like to be included in Photoshop that will help you to work better. And I got the common answer, that is “how to check spelling mistakes in Photoshop?”. Then I thought of writing an article on this topic so that this would help a lot of people who are facing the same issue.
Actually checking spelling in Photoshop is quite possible. Yes, what you heard is right. We can correct the spelling mistakes in Photoshop of any version. Let us see how can we do that.
Check and Correct Spelling Mistakes in Photoshop
Here is a step by step process where you can correct the spelling mistakes in Photoshop. This method works on all the Photoshop versions and in all the languages.
I user Photoshop CC 2019 version but it works in previous ones too. The advantage that I see of using the spell checker within Photoshop is in case you already have texts or paragraphs with effects and styles applied.
Steps to Check Spelling in Photoshop
- Open your Photoshop.
- Create or open the document or image.
- We must create a Text box within the document.
- After we have the text box, we write and select all the content text (it can be done faster if we click 4 times inside the text box). In a paragraph we could have words in different languages, that’s why we can select words individually or the whole paragraph.
- In the text panel (Character, if you can not find it in the menu in Window> Character). Here we can change the language of the text that we select (we select English UK) in the bottom part of the panel). If you wanted to check spelling mistakes in Hindi then select the Hindi language. If we do not change the language, when we do the spelling check all the words in Hindi will go wrong, because the language is always in English.
- Right-click inside the text box (with the selected text tool) and then click on Check Spelling. (for this step it is not necessary to have the selected text)
- A window similar to the Microsoft Word checker appears, where we can see the word with errors and the options by which we can change it.
- The Photoshop corrector looks for the misspelt words starting from the point where the text tool cursor is, so if we want to start from the beginning, we must click at the beginning of the paragraph with the text tool ).
- If we want to change a word, it is only necessary to see the suggestion and if it is correct then click on Change or Change All, in case it is incorrect then select Ignore or Ignore all and if it is a word that is not saved in the Photoshop dictionary, Click on Add. Change All and Ignore All change or stop showing errors in all words that are the same as the one we selected.
- When Photoshop does not find errors in the text box, a Spell check complete message appears and we click Ok.
Well, it is a tool that is inside Photoshop and not everyone knows where it is. The same way there are other ways to copy and paste the text in Microsoft Word and you can check spellings in it, but in case you do not have a text editing program that has a corrector, you now know that within Photoshop you can perform text correction.
Simple isn’t it? I guess our designers will be so happy with this Photoshop spelling checker function.
If you have any difficulties like this write them in the below comment box and we will do research and write a detailed article for you with a good solution.
If you have queries let us know them in the below comment box and we will sort out them for you.