If you have an iPhone or iPad that is regularly used by your children, it can be useful to block certain websites on the Safari browser. In this article, you will learn how to block websites on your iPhone or iPad in just 5 steps.
This way you can block websites in Safari
It has been possible for some time to configure on an iOS device which websites may or may not be visited with Safari. This is a useful option when you have small children and want to protect them from everything on the internet.
It is also possible that you simply do not want certain websites to be visited because they are unsafe or contain explicit material. Blocking websites in Safari is fairly simple, but you have to go through a number of steps. Below we explained it in 5 steps to how to do it.
5 Steps to Block websites on iPhone or iPad
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and choose ‘General’.
- Press ‘Restrictions’ and activate the option by entering your restriction code.
- Switch on the function at the top and swipe down until you see ‘Websites’. Tap this.
- Under ‘Allowed websites’ you can see a number of options. To block specific websites, you have to choose ‘Limit explicit material’.
- After this, two bars appear at the bottom of the screen. One you use to enter a permitted website, the other ensures that specific pages can never be visited. Enter a URL and tap Done to complete the process.
See the below image for your reference.
And that was it! When you visit blocked websites in Safari, you will see the message “Access restricted site.” From the browser, you can allow a page again via the ‘Allow website’ line.
It is also possible to block all websites and allow only a few specific pages. Follow steps one through three again and choose ‘Only specific websites’ on the menu. Here you can choose a number of pre-programmed sites, or add a number of them manually.
This is how we block websites on iPhone or iPad devices. I hope this article will help you to safeguard your browsing on your iOS devices. If you have any other queries let us know them in the below comment box and we will sort them out for you.